- Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information, as required, and coordinate the preparation, presentation, and communication of work-related information to the supervisor.
- Report to the supervisor periodically on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, progress in mastering tasks and work processes, and individual and team training needs.
- Intercede with the supervisor on behalf of the team to inform the supervisor of performance management issues/problems and to recommend/request related actions, such as assignments, reassignments, promotions, tour of duty changes, peer reviews, and performance appraisals.
- Coach, facilitate, solve work problems, and participate in the work of the team
- Observe training needs and relay training needs and requests to supervisor
Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. Show off your favorite photos and videos to the world, securely and privately show content to your friends and family, or blog the photos and videos you take with a cameraphone.
- Picasa Web Albums
Picasa Web Albums. Fast and easy photo sharing from Google.
- Experiences with a Voice™ – Zooomr
Zooomr is a social utility for friends, family and co-workers who want to communicate securely through both photos and text messages in realtime.
Photobucket offers image hosting, free photo sharing and video sharing. Upload your photos, host your videos, and share them with friends and family.
- Photo Gallery – Windows Live
See new photos from the people you’ve added to your Windows Live network. Photo Gallery shows you any new shots they’ve shared with you on Windows Live.
With Photo Gallery, it’s a snap to get your photos and videos from your camera to your PC. Find your favorite photos and share them with friends and family. Make your great photos look even better, and create impressive panoramic photos too.
- KODAK Gallery – Online Photo Printing, Photo Gifts & More
Easily organize, edit and print your photos online. Now offering professional quality prints and range of personalized photo gifts.
- Fotki: Share and Print Your Photos | Fotki.com
Fotki.com is superior service for sharing and printing your photos online. The easiest way to share photos with friends & family. Continue reading Free Photo Hosting Services
I have recently been challenged with the following issue:
1.I wanted to have a backup of one of our clients SQL Server database.
I will start with the possible pitfalls when establishing Project Management Office.
The major pitfalls are:
1. Doing everything at once – Start with a few easy tasks to prove the efficiency of the PMO
2. Hesitation – Don’t hesitate, be out missioning about the PMO, ask Line Mgrs if you can use their weekly (or monthly) meetings to present the idea.
3. Forgetting important stakeholders – All Line Mgrs, Process owners, PMs etc. are stakeholders. Make sure you have everybody on board.
4. PMO is considered not able to influence the quality of project delivery – Figure out this before you start.
5. The value of a PMO has not been understood higher up in the organization and PMO costs cannot be justified – It’s not enough with a sponsor, you must have the approval of company board (depending on organization size)
What Is The Best Position Of The PMP Certification Logo On Your Resume?
Placing the PMP designation at the top of your resume is perfectly fine and advisable. Based on some research and my own personal preference, I include designations that relate very specifically to a career or role. For this reason, I suggest against including an MBA in the same manner because there is no career or role called "MBA". Instead, an MBA could potentially help qualify somebody for one or more out of potentially dozens of different careers depending on the individual’s experience (i.e. marketing director, hedge fund manager, IT director, CEO – what do these have in common?). Compare this to an MD, JD, or RN, all of which relate to specific careers.
The PM is responsible for the delivery of the project. However, Projects do not fail suddenly. Usually, the PM has hidden (greened up the status report) bad news from stakeholders because the PM did not want to face criticism. I found this to be common with PM’s that wanted to be ladder climbers in the enterprise. Future CEO candidates cannot have problems on their resumes.
Making sure the stakeholders have accurate and timely information on project progress is the PM’s responsibility. Otherwise executives do not have the accurate information for decision making. It is easy to report everything is on-time, within budget, and following specs. It is hard to tell the decision makers stuff is going bad. So when the storm comes the PM has to take the hit.
Kris Vunckx, PMP:
On top of the current experience a project manager has, the PMP certification gives the person an extra visibility towards the outside world of his job and creates extra job-opportunities. People understand that you have a wide understanding of all PM processes and that you have proven to understand these, implement these and have the skills needed to bring projects to a good end. It opens some doors that otherwise are difficult to open or even stay closed to you.
First of all I advise you to download the PMP Handbook under this link http://www.pmi.org/CareerDevelopment/Pages/MaintainYourCredential.aspx ) and read the CCR section.
Мислех тук да преведа някои неща относно управлението на риска в софтуерните проекти и по-точно да опиша най-често срещаните рискове. След проучването и при опита да превеждам думи като schedule и estimation реших, че е по добре просто да оставя списъка на английски. Списъка го направих за мое собствено ползване, но ще се радвам ако имате какво да добавите.
Бях доста добре провокиран от един пост, който четох днес в блога на Калинчу. А именно QA като PM. И понеже доста го коментирахме реших тук да понапиша някои основни неша, които съм запомнил от дебелата книга на PMI PMBOK. Смятам, че това наистина е основополагаща система от знания, която всеки интересуващ се от управлението на проекти трябва да …. хм …прегледа … не … прочете и препрочита.