I wanted to create this list for my personal use only but then decided to post it here. Somebody may find it useful.
So here are the first things that I should do when I create a new blog. This list includes only changing some of the default blogger blog settings:
- Choose a template.
- Show only 2 posts
- Date header format (choose something with numbers only: 01/01/08)
- Archive Index Date Format (choose something with numbers only: 01/01/08)
- Comment Time Stamp (again, only numbers)
- Enable comment moderation – select Yes and enter an email address to be notified on.
- Archiving – I prefer daily if you post often.
- Edit the archive widget – set only numbers for months and days.
- Site Feed – I prefer short
Then again some of the things that should not be forgotted
- Go to google analytics and add traffic counter.
I expect your comments on this and I will be glad to include some of your steps here.